The rediscovery of earth building is happening now! TERRA Award – the international award for contemporary building with earth – brings forth spectacular and advanced examples of this new movement. The projects showcase new developed construction practice, which has the potential to influence our built environment and the relationship between humans and material. The TERRA Award was commissioned by: Dominique Gauzin-Müller, production: amàco (atelier matières à construire) & MUSEO, scientific commitee: Patrice Doat, Laetitia Fontaine, Hubert Guillaud.
> Terra Award
The project group “Think Earth!” will be showing the TERRA Award nominees and winners in conjunction with current Swiss earth building positions in an exhibition tour. Furthermore visitors can learn more about research on timber / straw / earth prefab modules and a photographic documentation shows contemporary and historical Swiss rammed earth buildings. A varied accompanying program with talks, workshops and demonstrations will be online soon. The exhibition will tour:
Contents of the exhibition
– Grounded Materials
– TERRA Award – projects and techniques
– IG Lehm pavillon
– slide show zoë circular building
– Think Earth! videos
– brick bar with „Vielseitigkeit Lehm“ – portrait of Swiss earth construction scene
– slide show rammed earth in France and in Switzerland (historic and contemporary examples)
– Think Earth! making of (documentation of the workshop)
The elements of the exhibition will be manufactured within a workshop:
- Think Earth! is an earth and straw building workshop organised by IG Lehm and stroh+paille+paglia from August 7th to August 11th, 2017 in Seewen / Basle. It is open for students, teachers, craftsmen, artists and architects.
> Workshop Think Earth!